The performance of a wireless Wi-Fi router depends highly on its makers but there always will be organizations and Corporations which perform extremely well in a certain field; the one they have revolutionized technology in. The knowledge about the companies is surprisingly available everywhere; yet, we don’t keep a lookout of the same and let our gadgets and equipment falter and lose their edge while not picking up those which can make a difference. Although people don’t worry about it a lot, the technology of the router highly matters in terms of better internet connectivity and wide range of wireless signals.
Yes, a lot of vendors out there today promise high-performance routers but only after an Asus router login would you be able to see the difference in the range and connectivity of devices in your home. Although they have mastered the basics of networking, the Asus wireless routers have specifically made sure that the other features are just as amazing and unmatchable in terms of their excellence and availability. Take Asus router setup wizard for example; they simplicity it has provided to the entire Asus router login process is unbelievable. This is the reason why Asus has been winning awards after awards for years.
Features of Asus
There are countless features in the below mentioned Asus devices which make them truly great:
The Asus router Setup wizard completion is one of the simplest processes. It needs to start from first setting up the physical connections of the router. Thus before heading on to the Asus router setup wizard, perform the following-mentioned steps to access the Asus wireless router login page:
- Remove any previous connections from the modem to the router and modem to power socket.
- Next, connect your wireless router to the Modem using an Ethernet. Connect the Modem’s LAN port to the Internet port of the Asus router.
- You would now need to connect the router to the power source using the power cable which is to be connected to the power socket. But do not switch it on.
- Next connect the modem to the power socket and switch it on.
- Switch on the power connection of the Asus router and power outlet.
Router.asus.com Setup and Login
Asus routers strictly follow the 802.11 ac/b/g/n wireless standards which are the fastest in the market today. If you still wish to have a stable internet connection while you are setting up the Asus routers, you can choose the Ethernet LAN jack slot of the Asus router and connect it to the PC. The Asus sign in and Asus router setup wizard process can be completed via two methods with which you can gain access to the Asus wireless router login page:
- Using a wired or
- Using wireless connection using the SSID of the Asus router.
The Wi-Fi router first needs to be connected to a PC or a laptop to continue this wireless router setup. Once the connection is established, open an internet browser and head over to the IP address 192.168.1.1 or fill in http://router.asus.com.
You would now be required to enter Username and Password to enter the Asus router setup page. The credentials for login are, ‘admin’ as the username and ‘admin’ as the password too. The web GUI of the router would now be accessible for you.
With the access that you have, we will start with the setup of internet using the QIS or Quick internet setup that works well for most of the Asus router setup. As you access the Asus wireless router setup page the first time, the QIS process will start.
As you now have the access, we will be starting with the setting up of the internet connection for the router. This will be initiated automatically with the QIS or the Quick Internet Setup which launches automatically as you access the Asus wireless router setup page for the first time.
The router would now try to automatically obtain the internet settings that is provided by the ISP. If you do not want to set up the internet settings this way, you can choose to manually setup and enter the details like Dynamic IP, PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, and Static IP according to your need.
Next the Setup page will ask you to find and enter a new SSID or you can choose to keep the old one depending on our need. It is however recommended that you change the same and enter a new password after selecting the appropriate security type for the Asus router.
Once you’ve entered all the setting, the Asus router setup page will show you all these settings to ensure that you’ve entered all of them perfectly. You would be required to go through all of these and ensure all the information filled by you is accurate as per your need. If you are comfortable with all the entered settings, press ‘accept’, save the settings and your Asus router login and setup process will be complete.
Answer: If you have an issue logging in to you Asus router web page because you have forgotten the Asus router Wi-Fi Password, the first thing that you need to do is to use an Ethernet cable to connect the PC or Laptop to the router. Thus it is important to physically be in possession of the router. Hence, things will be easier if you have physical access to your device.
- Step 1: Use the browser of the PC or laptop you are connected to the router with and go to the Asus router login page i.e. http://router.asus.com to access the router setup page.
- Step 2: Enter the admin Username and Password and click Okay to login to the Asus wireless router login page. If you have lost the Asus router admin password, you shall have to reset the router using the Reset button present at the back of the router. Press and hold down the reset button for 10 seconds at least and once you release it, it will reset and will go back to the default factory settings. This will, however, delete all your preferences due to which you will be asked to re-enter all the settings.
- Step 3: In case you have this password, you would be asked to go to the Wireless tab under general settings. Next, you need to click on the reset password option and then you will be asked to enter a new password for that particular SSID. The WPA2 Personal security setting is recommended to be set here as it is the most secure way to protect your router.
- Step 4: Save the settings by clicking Apply.
Answer: In case you are unable to update your firmware to the latest update, you need to follow the below mentioned steps which will ask you to use the rescue mode for the same. You won’t have to search constantly for ‘how to reset Asus router’ again and again. To do that, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Get the firmware restoration utility for your system. For that, follow the steps below:
- Go to support on the official support website.
- Head over to Driver & Utility
- Select Driver & Tool
- Choose the appropriate OS
- EXPAND ALL +
- Search for and download the ASUS Firmware Restoration utility.
- Use the DOWNLOAD button to download them.
- The ZIP file will be saved in the computer.
- Unzip the file & Install the unzipped file.
2. Change the settings of your adapter
- Connect your computer to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Go to Network Connections select Change adapter settings select LAN and Right click on the Properties. Now select Internet protocol version4(TCP/IPv4), select Properties on the bottom right of the screen.
- Set the values as: IP address：192.168.1.10 Subnet mask：255.255.255.0 Press Okay.
3. Retry the upload of Firmware
- Remove the wireless router from the power source.
- Reset the router by pressing the RESET button placed behind the router for 5 seconds until the button start flashing.
- Releasing the RESET button and once you do, the router runs in rescue more.
- Go to Start and head over to All programs and launch the ASUS utility tool and select the Appropriate Wireless Router model number and select Firmware Restoration.
- Once in the Firmware Restoration tab, select the appropriate firmware to update and do that by pressing Install.
- Wait for LED light on the device to stabilize and press the Reset button to complete installation.
Answer: If for some reason you have lost the access to the Wi-Fi password, you need to go forward with the following steps. These will ensure a quick resolution of the password loss issue:
- Setup a wired connection in order to gain access to the network using http://router.asus.com.
- Go to the Asus wireless router login page (Type in the admin username and password to gain access to http://router.asus.com web page)
- Reset the wireless password by going to Wireless tab and on general settings. (Keep the security set as “WPA2-Personal” which is recommended as it’s the safest encryption option available.)
- Save settings by pressing Apply.
All other issues like inability to start the router, wrong password, and ‘how to reset Asus router’ for Asus router can be dealt with easily by our elite team of router experts. With a single call to our toll-free number, you are looking towards the easiest resolution of all your router related problems. Simply call us and know all about you want to.
- Asus RT-AC68U
- Asus RT-ACRH13
- Asus RT-AC66U
- Asus RT-AC86U
- Asus RT-N12
- Asus RT-AC88U
- Asus RT-AC5300
- Asus RT-AC3200
- Asus RT-ACRH17
- Asus RT-AC68
- Asus GT-AC5300
- Asus RT-AC1200
Asus RT-68U Setup
Asus routers like Asus the Asus RT-68U and Asus RT-N66U exist in the world today solely for a single reason, the need for a high-performance router. Once the Asus RT-AC68U reviews rolled in, we saw how critically it was acclaimed across the board by every tech lover in the world. This was singular because Asus RT-68U has been known to unlock the potential of your internet. We use the internet so often that we don’t even realize that it can be so much more than it is now. Lagging and dropping connection somehow is made to be a part of our daily life; something that should be eliminated the second we experience it for the first time. While a lot of vendors promise a device capable of providing lag-free internet connectivity; these devices come at a rather hefty price. Tackling this issue is rather easy by using the devices by Asus as they are extremely cost-effective with respect to the services they provide.
Along with all these, the Asus RT-68U Setup process is extremely easy too. Following the below-mentioned steps, you can easily setup the device and access the internet in a matter of minutes. This setup of the Asus RT-68U can be done easily using the Asus RT-68U manual or if skimming across many pages of the Asus RT-68U manual isn’t your thing, we have you covered. The page contains all the information to carry on the setup including using the Asus router default password and traversing through the Asus RT-68U login page.
Before we start with process, however, we need to make sure we are all wired up and good to go. To do that we shall start with powering up the Asus router. Plug in the AC adapter to the DC-in port and into the power source. Turn on this power source. Connect the internet port of the router with the Internet modem using an Ethernet cable. You can continue the process of setup from here on using a wired or a wireless connection. For a wired connection (which is recommended) take an Ethernet cable and connect to the LAN port of the router to the PC or the laptop you’re using to configure the device. For a wireless setup, connect to the SSID of the router with the password, both of which are given at the bottom or the back of the router, printed on a label. This password would not be the same as the Asus router default password, however.
Once this is done, we can continue to the http://router.Asus.com login page i.e. the web GUI of the router allowing you to make changes to the settings of the router itself. Follow the steps to configure Asus wireless router login page:
- Step 1: Once you are connected to the network of the router using a wired or a wireless connection, open any web browser and go to http://router.Asus.com login page of the router. Alternatively, you can also use the IP address 192.168.1.1 to reach the Asus wireless router login page.
- Step 2: To traverse further into the webpage, you would need a username and password to enter the said page. To do that, use the Asus router default password and username that is ‘admin’ for both. You can change this username and password which is recommended when the first time you log in to the device. If however for some reason, you forgot Asus router password or if your TM-AC1900 default password not working you would be needed to reset the device itself.
- Step 3: Once you are in the web-based GUI of the router, you would be greeted with a QIS or the quick internet setup procedure that will begin by first asking for or automatically detecting the details of your internet connection which you can choose.
- Step 4: Once the connection type has been accepted you can now move to set up the SSID. Give a name to a new SSID and enter a passkey to the SSID. In the meantime, you can also set up guest SSIDs if you are expecting a lot of guests in your network which will effectively keep these guests away from your admin network.
- Step 5: You would now be asked to set up the type of security you wish to choose for your Asus RT-68U router. This includes choosing from WPA, WPA 2 personal or WPS depending upon your need.
- Step 6: Finally, view these settings and check if all are set as per your requirements. You can go back and change all of them before finalizing it or if you ever want to change these settings, you can return to this Asus RT-68U Asus wireless router login page.
- Step 7: Save these settings.