Setup ASUS RT-AC86U
The ASUS RT-AC86U is a solid home router which is a quality gaming router with boosting and traffic management facilities. If you are having trouble to setup ASUS RT-AC86U, then this blog will provide you information related to how to setup ASUS RT-AC86U and how to login to the ASUS RT-AC86U.
Things required to setup ASUS RT-AC86U
- ASUS RT-AC86U
- Internet connection
- Two (2) Ethernet cables
To setup ASUS RT-AC86U, you will first need to connect your router with your computer physically.
- Connect the cable modem to the WAN port on the router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Connect any one of the LAN port on your ASUS router labeled as 1, 2, 3, and 4 to your computer with the help of another Ethernet cable.
- Now, connect your modem to your wall outlet and after that to the DCIN port on your ASUS router.
- Finally, press the power button which is located on the back of your router.
How to login the ASUS RT-AC86U?
If you are wondering how to login to the ASUS RT-AC86, this section will be of assistance.
Open any web browser and type the default IP Address of your ASUS RT-AC86U i.e. 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your browser. Press the enter key and then you will see a dialog box will pop up on your screen asking for your ASUS RT-AC86U default username and password.
Enter the default username and password of your ASUS router on the dialog box. The default username is ‘admin’ and the default password is ‘admin’ after tying the default username and password, press Enter key.
Now you will see the ASUS RT-86U home screen on your window screen.
Setup ASUS RT-AC86U:
Once you are logged in to the home screen of your router, you can now change the settings of your Asus RT-AC86U.
- Network name (SSID): SSID (Network name) is the name which you give to your router so that you can recognize it. Enter the desired network name for your ASUS router into its corresponding box and then click on the save changes.
- Authentication Method: There are different options available but it is recommended to use WPA2-Personal.
- WPA Pre-Shared Key: Click on the WPA shared key from the home page and change the default password of your ASUS RT-AC86U. Type the new password and click on the option ‘Save settings’ and then on ‘Continue’
- When you are finished, click on the option ‘Apply’ at the bottom of the web page.
- This is how you setup ASUS RT-AC86U, the process is now completed.
Once you setup ASUS RT-AC86U, you will have to reconnect all the previously connected devices to your router. In case, you face any trouble during the setup ASUS RT-AC86U, you can contact our experts at their 24*7 available toll-free numbers. As they are the technical experts, they can resolve your ASUS router related trouble.