ASUS RT-AC5300 router is a new released tri-band router with three wifi bands. It allows users to connect to one 2.4 GHz frequency and two separate 5 GHz frequencies. If you are having trouble to setup ASUS RT-AC5300, then continue reading this blog as we will provide you information related to how to setup ASUS Rt-AC5300 and how to login to the ASUS RT-AC5300.
Lets us start by discussing the things you will be requiring to setup ASUS RT-AC5300
- ASUS RT-AC5300
- A Computer or a laptop
- Internet Connection
- Two (2) Ethernet cables
Now, to setup ASUS RT-AC5300 you will need to connect your router with computer physically first.
- With the help of an Ethernet cable connect the cable modem to the WAN port on your router.
- By using another Ethernet cable, connect any one of the LAN cable which is labeled as 1, 2, 3, and 4 to your PC.
- Connect your modem to the wall outlet and then to the DCIN port on your ASUS RT-AC5300 router.
- Press the restart button. It is located on the back side of your ASUS router.
The next thing to do to setup ASUS RT-AC5300 is to login to the router.
How to login to the ASUS RT-AC 5300?
These sections will of assistance to you if you are wondering how to login to the ASUS RT-AC5300.
The ASUS RT-AC5300 has a web interface for the configuration and you can use any web browser to login to the ASUS RT-AC5300. Open the web browser and type the default IP Address of the ASUS router into its address bar.
Default IP Address of ASUS RT-AC5300: http://192.168.1.1
After entering the IP address, press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard. Now, you will see a dialog box asking for the default username and password of ASUS RT-AC5300 router pop up on your screen.
Default username: admin
Default password: admin
Enter the default username and password on the dialog box and press the ‘Enter’ key on your Keyboard.
You will now see the ASUS RT-AC5300 router home screen appearing on your window screen.
Setup ASUS RT-AC5300
- After you finished logging into the ASUS RT-AC5300 router, use the box labeled as SSID (Network name) to change the network name of your wireless router. SSID name is important as it helps you identify your network. Type a unique network name for your ASUS RT-AC5300 router.
- Next, move to the wireless security option. Use ‘Security Mode’ to select WPA-2 Personal. It is important to protect your wireless network as it is the strongest form of security available.
- Go ahead and make sure the WPA Encryption of your ASUS router is set to Yes.
- Click on the WPA pre-shared key. Change the default password to make your ASUS router more secure. It is a network password that you use for your wireless network and makes sure that the password you use is a strong one. Use a complex password of at least 12 characters with a mix of numbers, alphabets and symbols.
- Finally, save all the changed settings before leaving the page.
- The ASUS RT-AC5300 is setup and you can start using your wireless internet.
If any problem due to miscellaneous reasons crops up during the process of setup and installation, you can contact us at our toll-free number as we are the technical experts, we will try to resolve your problem.