This article guides you on how to log in to the Asus router. When you purchase a router it comes with the default settings. To configure or customize the advanced settings of your Asus router, it is important to access the Asus router login page. With a simple Asus login process, you can set up the router, change its wireless settings, change username and password, create the guest network, and set up the parental controls. If you have the Asus router and wants to configure it then read the following instructions.
Asus Router Login Instructions
- First of all, insert the power adapter to the Asus router power port and plug the adapter into a power outlet.
- Connect your computer to your ASUS wireless router’s LAN port with the Ethernet cable. Wait for the LAN and WAN LED’s to light up.
- Now, take another Ethernet cable and connect the WAN port of the router to your modem.
- Turn on the modem as well as the Asus router.
- On your PC, disable the proxy server and dial-up connection.
- Now, set the TCP/IP settings to automatically obtain an IP address on your computer.
Log in to the ASUS Router:
- To setup the Asus router, you will need to access the Asus router login page.
- Open a browser on your computer and type the default web address of Asus router i.e. http://router.asus.com into the address bar. Press ‘Enter’ key.
- Next, log in with the username and password that you have set for your device.
- If not, then look for the default username and password in the Asus router manual.
- Enter the default Asus login details in the required fields. Click ‘Login’ to log into Asus device to view or change the wireless router settings.
Access the Asus Router Configuration Page:
- After you log in to the Asus router setup page, assign the network key and security key for your networks.
- Click the ‘Wireless’ settings and type the desired network name.
- Next, click on the ‘Wireless Security’ tab and then click the ‘Security Mode’.
- Select the WPA-2 Personal to keep your home network secure.
- Click the WPA-Pre shared key and change the default Wi-Fi password of the Asus router. Set the password between 8 to 32 characters in length.
- Click on the ‘Save Settings’ button.
- Then press ‘Continue’.
- Finally, the Asus router configuration is now completed.
How to upgrade the firmware of my Asus router?
- Access the Asus router setup page through http://router.asus.com.
- On the router’s page, select the ‘Advanced’ settings.
- Click the ‘Administration’ and then click the ‘Firmware Update’ option.
- Next, click the ‘Check’ button to check if new firmware is available.
- If the new firmware is available then visit the Asus official website to download the latest firmware.
- Now, go back to the Firmware update page. Click ‘Browse’ and then click ‘Upload’ to download the firmware.
- It will take a few minutes to update the firmware properly. Click ‘Finish’ to complete the process.
This was all about the Asus router login process. If you have any issues or have any queries then contact us now. You can call us at our toll-free no. or chat live through a live chat window. We have a team of experts who are available 24*7 to assist you.